Welcome to Hills & Dales Training Center!
The mission of Hills and Dales Training Center is to:
Ensure the availability of programs, services and supports that assist eligible individuals with developmental disabilities in choosing and achieving a life of increased capabilities.
Promote and facilitate the movement of individuals from segregated facility-based programs, such that they live and work in integrated natural settings within the community.
Support the families and caregivers of these individuals in achieving this objective.
The Bill of Rights for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
You Have The Right to:
• Be treated nicely at all times and as a person
• Have a clean safe place to live in and a place to be alone
• Have food that is good for you
• Be able to go, if you want, to any church, temple, mosque
• Be able to go to a doctor or dentist when you are sick
• Be able to have people help you with the way you walk, talk,
do things with your hands, act or feel, if you need it
• Be able to have people help and teach you, if you want
• Be able to have time and a place to go to be by yourself
• Be able to call, write letters or talk to anyone you want about anything you want
• Be able to have your own things and be able to use them
• Be able to have men and women as friends
• Be able to jo in in activities and do things that will help you grow
to be the best person you can be
• Be able to work and make money
• Be treated like everyone else
• Not be hit, yelled at, cursed at, or called names that hurt you
• Be able to learn new things, make friends, have activities to do,
and go out in your community
• Be able to tell people what you want and be part of making plans or decisions about
• Be able to ask someone you want to help you, let others know how you feel or what you
• Be able to use your money to pay for things you need and want with help, if you need it.
• Be able to say yes or no before people talk about what you do at work or home or look
at your file
• Be able to complain or ask for changes if you don’ t like something without
being afraid of getting in trouble
• Not be given medicine hat you don’ t need or held down if you are not hurting yourself
• To vote and learn about laws and your community
• To say yes or no to being part of a study or experiment.